At times in this busy world where we schedule just about everything, and believe me my life is a calendar, I love knowing where I am going to be and with who. We need to get out of the norm and give back to those in need. This weekend I had the pleasure of being invited to travel to Haiti and photograph underprivileged children. My calendar was empty so I jumped at it. Zanmi Beni is a home for 64 children that have been affected by Haiti's devastating Earthquake. Every time I visit a country in which I see poverty I thank the U.S to have given me a home and an opportunity to do what I love. This organization is a great one if you would like to help, please visit www.friendsofZB.org to donate. I am grateful today to have 39 weddings coming up and more to book in the future.
Once in a while you get a bride that you just click on the phone with... That was Brittany, Hiring us without paying a visit to our studio, Brittany selected a great package of video and photos for her Romantic Miami Beach Wedding at The Palms Hotel in South Beach. Here is a preview of her album design.
Two of the finest people I had a pleasure of photographing Pedro and Monica. Being a wedding photographer, I get to watch how these to just gaze into each other's eyes... I would have to say that is a key reason for me falling in love with my wife week after week, 22 years strong.
As photographers and cinematographers we are the ones that continue to work after your event is done. The day of the weeding in all could have been up to ten hours long but we put 40 plus hours after the event.
What is the process you might ask?
1. Back Ups , Organizing a system were we make sure you get your photos is first. We back up images using state of the art G-Drives for maximum security and online back up.
2. Culling- Image culling is selecting the keepers and not bombarding the couple with same images that will confuse the album ordering process.
3. Editing and cropping - All images are cropped and edited for color, contrast , saturation, white balance and tone.
4. Creative Filters- We already have gone through your photos twice so we already have an idea to which best photographs get filters such as b/w , sepia, and more than 300 different creative style filters.
5. Exporting and back ups again.
6. uploading to our gallery site for images to be viewed, this happens about 10 days after your event. you will have the choice of leaving your images open or private for you to share.
Well I got into photography because I didnt like writing much, But like when I first did my sister Lili's wedding in 1989,
You need to throw yourself into the arena and wait for the wolves...